I’m partly a designer, partly a creative, mostly a software engineer, and entirely an idealist.
I’ve been working as a technologist at nonprofits in DC for 7 years, which is to say, I’ve been learning the art of doing a lot with a little for 7 years. Little money, little time, small teams. So I’ve learned to be resourceful, empathetic, and efficient. I'm collecting my thoughts about my work so far here.
I grew up in Virginia, spent 4 years in Providence, RI, graduating from Brown in 2010, and I guess DC is my de facto home, although I still consider myself a nomad.
Facts and Hot Takes
- It is in your best interest not to start a conversation with me about the current state of hip-hop.
- There's a special place on earth for people who dry out chicken.
- I will entertain any idea, no matter how absurd, for at least 10 seconds.
- Akira taught me just as much about love as the bible.
- At the end of the day, I still believe in government.
- Humans are fundamentally rational creatures.
I enjoy irony, but I often times miss sincerity. I’m aspiring to build software that insists on the dignity and infinite potential of all people. Seriously.